Tuesday, May 25, 2004

For My Wife

Timeless,
Our souls are beyond this structured clock,
Work of light is bound within,
Without the soul we shatter glass,
Ash and destruction are our lot.

Ageless,
Our selves are myriad in wonder,
Lands of reality span before,
After the rain the mists arise,
Lies and illusion cloud our connection.

Eternal,
Our pain is just an unscratched itch,
Which is truth, the seer or the seen?
Lean on me and I will alight,
Upon the windows of the night,
Might is knowledge, heart and love.

Above,
The eternal muse sings,
Brings me to my secret place,
The pace is too much for my mind,
But I am kind, and will return,
Eternal fires burn, and burn, and burn.

Within,
My self of selves, of selves,
The shelves hold books that lie unread,
Dead without the human soul,
And in the winter of the cage,
I age as shadow time goes by.

Always,
I am victorious over myself,
I am strong despite the time,
I am true beyond all measure,
I am whole, a splendid treasure,
And I will wait for you, sublime,
And make you soar on wings of mine.

A Moment,
Springs upon our eyes,
And dies before it can be touched,
There is so much to say and do,
My wish is full with the scent of you,
I will joy in moments passed,
Whispers shared and mem’ries vast,
I will strive to be,
And in the striving, set free,
The soul that loves you on and on,
And will hold that moment gone.

Forever.