Thursday, July 30, 2009

1:11 PM, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, USA

ENGLEWOOD. EXT. SMOGGY RUNDOWN PARKING LOT.
YOUNG BLACK MAN IN HOODIE WALKS UNDER BEHIND DILAPIDATED OLD GROCERY STORE. CAMERA PANS AROUND TO SEE HIM SURROUNDED BY THREE OTHER MEN, TWO BLACK, ONE WHITE.
DRE: Nah, man…. You got it all wrong. I ain’t touch her, man.
BEAT (shoving DRE roughly): She told me you did, son. You best just tell me what happened, and maybe I’ll just let it be. But I best start hearing a good, god damn explanation.
DRE: It ain’t like that cuz! Seriously, I just talk to her…
BEAT: Where’d she get that bruise then, home?
DRE: What? Oh shit cuz, she fell man, I swear I didn’t do it, I swear!
THE THREE MEN CLOSE IN ON DRE. THE WHITE ONE PUNCHES HIM IN THE GUT ROUGHLY.
DRE (coughing): Come on man! Okay, okay, okay. So I shoved her. She owed me three dimes man!
BEAT (calmly pulling out a large pistol): It’s alright Dre. It’s cool. I know it goes sometimes. You make mistakes. We all make mistakes.
DRE: Aww shit Beat, come on. I didn’t know she was your bitch, I swear.
WIDE ANGLE OF DESOLATE PARKING LOT. GUNSHOTS RING OUT. A PLASTIC SHOPPING BAG TUMBLES BY SILENTLY.